Re: [sharechat] (off topic) ISPs

From: "Grant Keymer" <grant@jenlogix.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 19:04:07 +1300

Hi DR

I used Compass Net for a short time last year, and was bitterly disappointed in the performance and unreliability of their system.  We encountered all sorts of errors, including the one you describe.

If you try to use the Compass SMTP server while connected via another ISP you should expect to get the message "we do not relay" because that is an anti-spam device necessary to avoid the "blacklist".

I would suggest you flag Compass away and join CLEAR Net.  We never had any problems with them at all.
Now we have joined Telecom JetStream which is even better and mega-fast.

Yes this post is off-topic, but I hope that helps.

Best Regards

Grant Keymer

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Owens group: Gone to sleep? G Stolwyk