[sharechat] GPG - DWSN

From: "DR" <kat47@bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 20:55:46 +1300

Dawson International Plc: Termination of talks and update on current trading

Termination of talks

On 29th September 2000, Dawson International announced that it had received an
approach from a third party which had indicated an interest in making a cash
offer for the company at 85 pence per share. That party was Guinness Peat
Group plc (GPG) which has an interest in 21.3% of the issued share capital of
Dawson International. Since that date Dawson International has received no
approaches from any other parties.

Discussions with GPG have been ongoing from October 2000 but no firm proposals
have been received. Accordingly, in order to avoid the continuing
uncertainties caused by the GPG approach, the Boards of Dawson International
and GPG have agreed to terminate discussions.

In a letter to the Chairman of Dawson International, Blake Nixon, UK Executive
Director of GPG made the following comment:

'I wish to place on recordthat, having undertaken four months of due
diligence, we remain a committed shareholder given Dawson's future prospects
and in particular our continued belief in the considerable potential to
developthe Ballantyne brand. Further, we continue to be strongly supportive
of Paul Munn and his management team'.

D.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Southern Petroleum lorraine rosser