Re: [sharechat] Interesting Article on P/E ratios..applied to TH

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:38:43 +0000

>>"Computing a company's enterprise value is easy.
>>
>>Take the stock's market capitalization (which is the stock price
>>multiplied by the number of shares outstanding),add long-term debt,
>>and then subtract the value of assets peripheral to the core
>>businesses (that is, cash). To compute a per-share number, divide
>>the enterprise value by the number of outstanding common shares"
>>
> eg.
>
>Ebos
>current share price = $3.20
>Issue shares 26,821,628
>Market Capitlisation $85.83 Million
>
>After Tax profit  $4,238, 000
>Therefore PE ratio = 20.3
>
>Shareholders equity = 35,476,000
>Cash =$68,674
>Non current liabilities = 3,117,000
>
>Therefore Enterprise value = $88,878,000

I'll take the figures as correct up to here.

P(ev)/E
=88,878,000/4,238,000
=21.0

which is not too different to the P/E figure of 20.3 you calculated
further up the page.  This isn't surprising since Ebos has low debt
and not too much spare cash floating around in the cash account.

> EV per share= $ 3.31
>
> price per EV =  1.0
>
> Humm
> what sayest thou

If you believe that market price should reflect the enterprise value
of the share, then the market has got it right? SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"Dogs have big tongues, so you can bet they don't
bite them by accident"