Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] Interesting Article on P/E ratios..applied to THL

From: "Peter Maiden" <pmaiden@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:23:17 +1300

Gerry - trying me out?

The best way to answer your question is with a question - Why should one take into account 'intangibles' when calculating the enterprise value of a firm?

Otherwise our calculations are much the same - except I left the deferred tax out and didn't dig too deep into the other provisions.

Not much movement in the THL price today. Been above average volume over the last two weeks and the price is drifting down - doesn't that suggest selling pressure?  - at a time when the stock has been selected by Sharechat contributors and brokers as one too watch over 2001.

I too have some THL  - as I said the other day awaiting some 'irrational market exuberance'  to recover the situation.

Cheers

Peter