Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2001

[sharechat] FFS - PE Ratios

From: michgore <michgore@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:37:52 +1300

Hi All,
I notice in yesterdays Evening Post and also on Netbroker that FFS has a
PE Ratio of 3.58.  Netbroker says earnings per share are 9.49 cents.  At
share price today of 34c surely this share is a huge bargain or are
earnings uncertain or expected to drop???   Also I saw in yesterdays
Dominion they quoted a much different PE ratio.  Sorry I don't have the
Dominion to hand but I think their PE was something like 16.  How could
the two papers come up with such a difference?  Without checking them
all I glanced through some of the PE's from both papers and found that
many of the companies quoted had greatly different PE's across the two
papers.  Can someone help as I don't understand this?   thanks   michael