Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2001

Re: [sharechat] Building related stocks - some market background

From: "Jeremy" <jeremy@electrosilk.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 18:05:04 +0800

<snip lots of good stuff about lowering building activity>

> Compiled this for a work related exercise so no bother
> ( a bit of judicious copy and pasting) to share with
> those interested in this market background.

> Peter

> Disc - hold none of above mentioned stock but did notice a
> good rise in FLB today.

I think that you will find that the FLB rise, being fairly abrupt and a
reasonable percentage, has nothing to do with building outlooks and
everything to do with a possible change in financial status - perhaps
through an acquisition or sale of assets ?

As we general punters know precisely zero about what is happening, it looks
like a classic Colt[1]

Jeremy

Disc Hold FLB & CAH

[1] "There was movement at the station, for the word had passed around
That the colt from Old Regret had got away,
And had joined the wild bush horses -- he was worth a thousand pound,
So all the cracks had gathered to the fray."

Excerpted from the famous Banjo Patterson allegorical poem about insider
trading on the Australian Stock Exchange.
http://www.uq.edu.au/~mlwham/banjo/the_man_from_snowy_river.html