Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: [sharechat] 2001 thingee-I predict BDO

From: "Colin Ross" <ceejaynz@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:51:59 +1300

Take care with this one.
My experience in Retail Pharmacy  was that Premium Branded Cosmetic houses keep a close watch on distributors to ensure full -service inventories and maintenance of prices.
Each Company tends to protect their price points, in order to retain the "exclusive" cachet and the snob appeal of the brand.
CS  does not appear to have any top-line brands at its disposal, and I suspect that the BDO end will be having some difficulty sourcing inventory especially of the top flight brands.
Parallel importing may be an avenue, of course,  but each nation has special needs as to colourings, fashions, skin types.
CS has been a vigorous manufacturer and importer of mid to low price labels, good medium quality. Much of that market is now moving towards WHS Deka, Foodtown etc - I doubt there will be a lot of profit for an exclusivley Cosmetic based e-tailer..
this is my NSVHO (Not so very Humble ...)
Ceejay