Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

[sharechat] Any opinions

From: Jefley Aitken <jefley@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:30:56 +1300

hello 'not important'
your raise interesting questions regarding a choice from AIA, AIRVA, or
WAM.

First, dont worry about being in the garbage disposal business -- every
school kid does projects on it these days and it is an increasingly
important (environmental) business.  In the Otago Daily Times last week
there was a large article on zero-waste and recycling etc -- the theory and
practise of landfill and rubbish dumps is changing extremely rapidly and i
understand that wam is a leader at thinking outside the square.  it's
stingy divi is more of a concern.  i bought recently at $4.12 on the strong
recommendation from my broker, but am quietly thinking that i will sell on
a strong rise because i favour good divi stocks.

AIRVA is cheap, the bad news is known, tourism is growing, the divi
acceptable.  i plan to hold mine until the price is so good that i'd be
daft not to take a profit.

AIA is a stock i've been monitoring but havent built quite enough
enthusiasm to buy.  i'll also confess to a "what will people think" feeling
("nice" mainlanders don't get involved in businesses with "auckland" in
their names)  ...  such silliness may well be why my porfolio's such a
mess.

of the three shares you suggest, imho that airva is the best at the moment.
 cheers, jefley.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] 2001 thingee-I predict BDO Peter Robertson