Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: [sharechat] Software of Excellence

From: "Grant Keymer" <grant@jenlogix.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 21:07:05 +1300

Hi Phil

I also have a firm allocation of 2000 shares in SoE and I sent the cheque away on Thursday.

I spent quite a lot of time reading their prospectus and going through their accounts.
The thing that impressed me particularly was that the directors have voluntarily agreed to place their shares in escrow (cannot sell them) for 18 months after listing.

How many directors in other recently listed companies have demonstrated by their actions that they truly have their shareholders interest at heart in such a pragmatic manner?

Another thing that impressed me was the very high export focus of SoE.
They have a dominant position in NZ and UK markets, as well as a sizeable Australian market share and are looking to expand into Singapore and the US.

2000 shares is not a lot but I think this company has excellent growth prospects, so I won't be looking to flick them in the short term.  NZ needs more companies like SoE.

I hope that helps you in your decision.

Cheers
Grant Keymer