Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: [sharechat] Sell off

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 12:24:43 +1300

Philip,

With the direction the Dow and Nasdaq are heading over in the U.S. it's hard
for the NZSE not to follow at least some of the way.

The Dow finished down 2.02% and the Nas down 4.03% this morning.  The Nas
has now lost over half its value since hitting its all-time highs in March
this year.

I'd say we (the NZSE, that is) are doing pretty well considering the
volatile situation over there.  And expect the volatility to continue for a
while as investors re-rate valuations on U.S. stocks in the light of an
economy that is now definitely in slow-down mode..

Best Regards

Benjamin Dutton