Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2000

Re: [sharechat] NZ Shares

From: "Philip Robinson" <robph639@student.otago.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 21:40:23 +1300

Hi,

There has been a message board set up for the Buffet discussion and it is available in the message board section, called Focus Investing Group.

I would warn you off INL with a PE of ~36 and declining EPS and SKY loosing more money for them you have to be quite bullish on them to wade in. Tower is anyones game but it is certainty not mine, I think the divi is okay but the company hasn't performed well post listing and can see little that will make it do well short-medium term, it is in a competitive industry. Telecom is a risky investment at this time IMHO, it has AAPT, Southern Cross Cable and maybe Cable Wireless Optus/NTT Do Co Mo, but there are too many other unknown variables for my liking. I was going to average down but then someone pointed out that that is just trying to make your bad decsions and little less bad, I have other places to put my money. SKC has a real nice divi and some growth prospects but people don't like the uncertainty with the legislationangle.
Why don't you take a look at Frucor, Fisher and Paykel, Warehouse, Waste Management, Baycorp Auckland Airport, Montana for growth and companies like Michael Hill, Westpac Bank (not WestpacTrust) for some extra security. Just some thoughts, make sure you talk to your broker or do some more research.

Phil
(Hold WHS, FAP and TEL)