Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

RE: [sharechat] WAP - is it a flop?

From: Nathan Mercer <nmercer@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 01:45:45 -0700

John C. Dvorak of PC Magazine asked his readers to come up with ideas
for WAP phone applications that would appeal to the general public, but
came out (almost) empty-handed. He summarized his opinion with this:

"The paucity of genuinely new ideas for WAP technology should frighten
the WAP phone makers. Will WAP become a huge joke?
The entire WAP concept seems to be an example of developing a technology
because it can be done."

(Read the full article at:
<http://www.zdnet.com/eweek/stories/wireless/0,11928,2608391,00.html>)

Michael Caton of eWeek seconds John when he says: "Now that I've seen
some WAP-enabled phones up close, I know that WAP phones stink"
(<http://www.zdnet.com/eweek/stories/wireless/0,11928,2613072,00.html>)

Regards
Nathan

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Any good managed biotech funds around? David Reid