Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

Re: [sharechat] Asian Mineral Resources - important Tax question?

From: Brian Gale <brigale@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:29:47 +1200

Hello Risk

In answer to your questions:-

Profit is Sell Price - Buy Price.......in your case say sell 20 cents buy
0  Profit = 20 cents.
The fact that you obtained them free just means a 0 buy price.

Imputation credits relate to dividends....nothing to do with share price
valuations. In your case as there is no dividend there it doesn't mean
anything.  If a dividend is obtained the imputation credit is a tax refund
which can be claimed on your tax return.  This is because the tax has been
already paid  by the company in the method they have used to pay out dividends.

Regards
Brian