Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

RE: [sharechat] who put a rocket under SCL

From: "Wedde, John" <john.wedde@cit.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 13:23:35 +1200

Hi Richard,
I copy a posting I made to Sharechat in mid August.
It may be useful.
I'd also like to know SCL's exact holdings of Blis and A2.
Let me know if you find out.
Cheers,
John

                Some info on SCL:

                1.      They hold a substantial [exact figure I can't lay my
hands on at
                present] stake in A2 corporation [ATM] on the unlisted
board. This company's
                shares have gone from their list price of 5 or 10 cents
[depending on your
                source of information] to as high as $4 odd in the space of
a few months.
                ATM do not say a lot about what they do but, apparently,
according to a
                recent NBR article, "own some intellectual property
involving milk products
                that might slow the onset of diabetes and artery disease in
some people".
                2.      They have also recently rid themselves of some of
their original
                property assets, acquired at the time they took over the old
CBD NZ ltd,
                This they have been trying to do for some time.
                3.      They recently acquired  interesting wine and
potentially
                subdivisible lifestyle land in North Canterbury.
                4.      Rural land they acquired near Woodend in Pegasus
Bay, Canterbury has
                recently been approved for redevelopment as a small town.
                5.      Their large Omaha beach subdivision  is apparently
selling well.
                6.      They have a number of other lateral rural holdings
that could
                perhaps be described as "lifestyle" including mussel farms
in Clifford Bay,
                Marlborough; more beach land at Orere Point south east of
Auckland. And are
                doing an appartment development in Queenstown.
                7.      They also have a stake in unlisted Ecommerce company
EstarOnlne.

                They are an interesting company . I hold a small parcel of
shares and have
                followed them since they first listed. I also follow
Estaronline closely.
This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by MailMarshal