Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

[sharechat] WNC/FOR

From: "charlie brown" <gordy_gecko@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 08:34:31 EST

I have read with interest sharechatters discussing the lack of corporate
governance with respect to WNC.

Rather than being predominantly an internal problem, I propose that is a
failing of the unlisted market that so many shareholders feel scorned?
(invest on the main board if you want to know everytime the company goes to
the toilet)

However, if the problem is also an internal one, with backers like Jump
getting on board one would think that these would be ironed out.  People
with nous like Fay and Richwhite, Todd's and Oceania will be more than
certain to put the right people in charge to look after there $30m +.

Whatever the case a move to the ASX (leaving behind the scorned kiwi's) will
make sure that WNC(Radionet) will surely sort out any governance problems.
The ASX unlike the NZSE takes no prisoners (see the ASX's comments on the
recent FLC profit announcement).

Prediction: WNC/Radionet will fly as an ASX listed company.

Further to my earlier posting, does anyone know when FOR is due to report?
Was 31 August 1999 last year?  There hasn't been a balance date change has
there?

Thanks