Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

[sharechat] Strathmore-Commsoft scheme

From: "simon dallimore" <smndallimore@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:07:51 NZST

John,
I see you also had trouble deciphering that badly-written media statement on
the Strathmore-Commsoft "offer". Loosely translated (and this is only my
honest opinion), I think it means this:

"Give us your SMR shares and we'll give you some shares in our new company
Commsoft which we want to list but market conditions might mean that nobody
might want to take up the share offerings and so we have decided to come up
with this scam...oops we mean "offer" so you can all invest in our new
company which will take on that big bad wolf, Telemedia who is stealing all
of the glory that should be ours. You won't find any details on our media
statement because our PR "strategists" believe in not making it too easy for
you to understand what we are trying to do. Now all you have to do tomorrow
is to ring your broker and buy up on SMR. After you have done that, we may
release more details but that will depend, of course, on whether our spin
doctors have completed their remedial writing course in time."

Kind regards,

Simon