Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: [sharechat] Why Wrightsons are a buy

From: "nick" <acummin@es.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 05:36:56 +1200

           Good post , snoopy.
 Now i see why you may be rather sceptical about their prospects.
Hopefully its the case that you are seeing them as they were rather than
as they are now, time will tell i guess.
         It depends how much of the decline was due to major
problems with the farming sector in the last decade, and how much to
incompetence
on the part of wrightsons. Probably a mixture of the two.
        Fortunatly the low dollar and a good growing season has put the
farmers
back on their feet.  For years they have put off buying new equipment etc,
now they are all bouyed by new found optimism they are going on a spending
spree.  One brother in law has a farm near ashburton , the other in
alexandria,
they both are exuding the feel good factor right now.
               The question is have wrightsons learned their lesson?   The
experience over the last five or so years must of taught them something and
they should now be a leaner meaner outfit, especially with GPG on board.
   Myself, im confident of  at least a 20% rise in share price over the next
year.
 Not spectacular i grant you, but a fairly safe assumpion i feel.
nick