Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

[sharechat] GPG : Building rural empire

From: "nick" <acummin@es.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 05:52:34 +1200

      Guinness peats move on enza looks part of an orchestrated
move to release hidden value in many of their recently acqired
assets.
      They have already transformed turners and growers, have
bought into wrightsons and also a big aussie rural company.
They also disclosed they had recently purchased apple interests
in the hawkes bay.
        Put all this together and it becomes clear that the enormous
synergies between these groups will be used to the advantage
of them all.   Wrightsons could be a big benefactor from all this
as will the apple growers themselves.
    The biggest winner however will probably be guinness peat who
are now showing that these rural aquisitions are part of a well
concieved master plan

 nick