Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: [sharechat] Investing versus trading

From: Brian Gale <brigale@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:13:35 +1200

I think your 1. is an important point Nick

Surely that is a prime reason why we invest.  If a Company does well it
increases its dividends and as an added bonus the share price improves.

When one sums up the divs. at year end it can be something of a surprise to
see the total and then there is the added bonus of imputation credits to be
deducted from your tax bill, in many cases.

We tend to get carried away with capital gains.

BG