Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: [sharechat] Letter from London

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 17:33:57 +1200

good stir RIL. I see the Tall Blacks have just beaten the UK
men's basketball team and the Black Sox have just taken out
the World Softball Championship, everything seems to have
improved since you left. As for the redundancies it indicates
that NZ continues to improve its productivity.
I'd have to agree with you on the qualifications - what's the point
of a Labour sponsored wishy washy certificate with an unrecognisable
name for turning up to school now and again, being politicaly
correct, being able to read a bit and click a mouse and totally
unable to spell or do maths, history or anything civilised.
The Maori thing is a bit exaggerated; its a race as to whether
nearly all NZers become 1/128th Maori before nearly all Maoris
become 127/128th pakeha.
I hear its a very cold summer in the UK this year...enjoy.
What are your tips for the UK market?

Hugh