Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: [sharechat] TLS/Computershare

From: "Adam Rands" <adam@iguana.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:25:56 +1000

Watch for a bounce in Computershares share price.

It has come off heavily with Telstra bailing out of the stock at well below
market price however computershare indicated that they could of easily
placed the shares at close to market prices if they had a few days notice.
(instead of 2 hours)

Telstra only bought into CPU when their was talk of them starting a
competing stock exchange and them taking over the Sydney Futures Exchange...
Now those deals have fallen through the attraction was no longer there.

Internally it has been reported that CPU are glad Telstra are out of the
boardroom.

Computershare is a quality stock and will recover quickly... Should be able
to make yourselves a quick 15% if you can pick where the short term selldown
will end

Adam

disc - No CPU or TLS