Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

[sharechat] Equivolume charting , any cheap software available? and does it work?

From: "nick" <acummin@es.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 05:54:52 +1200

       Equivolume charting as used by Richard Arms has
always fascinated me. The use of boxes based on daily price range
and volume seems to give charts which are relativly easy to understand.
         I have been keeping a few charts of late to see how well it works,
    However i have to use the old fashioned graph paper , ruler and pencil approach.
        Does anyone know of any charting software (cheap) which makes it easy
to create equivolume charts?

       nick

     p.s  The equvolume chart for frucor has been of interest. Yesterday there
was an upward gap on very high volume but small price range (oversquare box)
  Looking at books by arms it looks to me like this could be an exhaustion gap.
        ie it could indicate the price has just about peaked, if i were a short
term trader i think it would be an indication to sell.  However i expect the stock to
still surge upward after a brief rest

 nick

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Equivolume charting , any cheap software available? and does it work? Ian Andrews