Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: [sharechat] ASX Trading

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 17:50:20 +1200

Hi Geoff,

I think that price is important - but one can't forget service.  Sure, it's
great to have trades that are dirt cheap, but customer service is just, if
not more, important.

NetBroker's trading is executed by Direct Broking.  I think that Direct
Broking rate very highly with delivering excellent customer service.  I've
always done all of my trading through Direct and have to say that they've
always been extremely professional and helpful.  I know that others have had
the same experience.

I can't comment on the service other brokers provide because I haven't
personally used them.  We are in the final stages of preparing our "Best
Broker" Survey though, so everyone will get the chance to vote for their
favourite broker on ShareChat shortly.

With the number of players in the market and branded services (eg. I see
that Quicken has all its NZSE trading and execution done through DF
Mainland) we plan on keeping NetBroker's prices as cheap as possible but
obviously it's becoming pretty competitive.

So yes, I believe that in the age where commissions are getting cheaper, the
need for quality service is getting more important.  One shouldn't forget
that just because a couple of dollars are being saved.

Best Regards,

Benjamin Dutton