Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

RE: [sharechat] petition

From: "Wedde, John" <john.wedde@cit.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 09:55:40 +1200

You're right there Marg.
My broker not only has available the quantum of Buy and Sell quotes but can
also tell where [from which broker] these are coming from. This can often be
very illuminating. To be fair to my broker, who provides me with a superb
service, he does give me this market depth information if  I ask. It would,
however, be much more convenient for me to bring it up at will on my own
screen.
As somebody who spent much of their working life running an auctioneering
business I can confirm that information about the level of interest in
anything being offered for sale most certainly constitutes "insider"
knowledge. Put very simply, and at the risk of stating the obvious, you are
in a ideal position to judge what's hot and what's not!