Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: Re: [sharechat] NIX

From: "Mark Hubbard" <mhubbard@es.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 08:55:03 +1200

>              NIX ..... This is a puzzler. With its high level technology

> including link to German Electronics Coy ((submarines)) etc, etc ., why
has
> the price fallen from 140+ down to 67.  You say they had a lousy year -
can
> you expand on that. The banks confidence must mean something. I see
> directors have options @ 105
> Looks like a real snip, but why the fall ??

Hi Brian

Their mid year result was a loss, the company citing a downturn in that
portion of the resources sector that they service. The high entry costs of
their business, the banks buying in, the fact that the firm is now starting
to get pay back for some its R&D, and its global expansion (mainly into US),
plus my own analysis of share value, convinced myself to buy in yesterday at
AUD$0.68 however.

The full year result for 2000, and directors report will be very
interesting.

Cheers