Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: [sharechat] Re: TTP

From: Chris <cd@ak.planet.gen.nz>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 09:26:27 +1200

Donald,

I am badly exposed to this stock after ignoring advice and not selling
after the notes conversion last year.  It may look attractive at 17-18c
today but I am not at all lured into topping up.  TTP has an almost
exclusive exposure to commercial property(no significant industrial or
retail investments), a sector that is under considerable pressure with
the high interest rate environment and average occupancy rates.

This company has high debt and a top heavy management some of whom are
paid as consultants.  I am surprised GPG who came onto the register last
year have not fired off a few rounds in the direction of these impotent
consultants.  56% shareholder SEA Holdings out of Hong Kong appear happy
to tread water on TTP and that too is not a good sign.  Their taking
total control is a remote possibility, though I still would not punt on
it.  GPG would block that move I imagine and threaten a selective selloff
of property in an attempt to recover losses.

Keep your wallet in your pocket.

Regards,

Chris Darby
cd@pl.net

>Question - Why is this stock sitting at record lows?  Should I be buying
>more?

>Donald

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] Trading Brian Gale