Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

re: re: [sharechat] metlife - opinions needed

From: Mike Hudson <MHudson@placemakers.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 09:35:55 +1200

Mark wrote

"Yes I agree.
About October last year I researched Metlife, Eldercare and Ryman and
decided, based on fundamentals, that Ryman offered the best value. To date I
certainly have not regretted my decision."

I also agree with Mark. Of the three Ryman certainly seems to be the best
option; Met Life seems strangely accident prone, I don't know how many
changes at the top it has had in the last few years but to paraphrase Oscar
Wilde "to lose one CEO could be an accident but to lose two is carelessness"
Eldercare is part of the Watson empire and I wouldn't touch anything of his
with a barge pole.

Disclosure. Bought Ryman at the float, $1.35; sold Eldercare ( acquired when
Eric and I were the only two shareholders to take up the NZ Petroleum right
issue ) for 66c

Mike

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] AQLOA Ken Donelan