Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

[sharechat] Market depth Rini

From: "Tony Haddon" <haddon@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 19:46:29 +1200

Hi Rini

Your example tells u there's plenty of liqudity, limited spread ( spread = difference between bid/offer) which means incremental movement rather than leaps & bounds; it tells you there is good price support at 85 cents ( Large # of buyers/shares at that price), no obvious resistance level (evidenced by lack of bunch of # sellers/shares at a particular price) and that there are more buyers than sellers. Some sites, like Sanfords let u see the complete list of buyers/sellers,rather than limited to 10 lines. ie MIM at close there were 973 buyers for 11,294,644 shares, & 423 sellers with 5,388,943 shares.

Market depth is part of the picture..all else indicating buy, I'd buy fairly promptly, maybe pay the 90 cents. If selling, I'd be tempted to hang on  awhile, the price is likely to up rather than down..

If someone could explain how (email me) I'd paste Sanfords depth as a comparison..I'm not a nerdish type, I have all sorts of bother trying to copy & paste htmls.

Regards

Tony Haddon