Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: [sharechat] Trading tip for unlucky punters

From: Derek <dkw@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 09:24:08 +1200

Thanks for your comments on AQL etc Ritchie.
My losses on AQL were 2nd only to ITC & SPE
(thank goodness for FLP).
I learnt a few lessons with those trades,
now I have little hesitation when selling at
a loss.

Interesting how you mentioned how the value of
money gets altered when you trade. I'd never
spend $2.50 on a can of softdrink for example,
but don't blink at taking a $250 loss 'cause
the ship looks like it's got a leak
(no, I don't hold SFH).

> If you are a registered trader, then losses
> are tax deductible against future gains,
> or other taxable income.

Just wandering what do you need to do, or what form
do you need to fill out, to be a registered trader?

Regards,
Derek.

Derek Watt
http://www.blackrobin.com