Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2000

Re: [sharechat] INTEREST RATES

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 21:38:09 +1200

Short term stuff.
In a 100 years time the population of Japan is soberly projected to be half
what it is
now by demographers. NZ's will also fall substantially for much the same
reasons.
Frankly I would like to get out of residential property before this starts
happening
in a substantial way and take advantage of successive landlords at
successively
lower rents and higher quality housing as valuations plunge.
We may see a situation of an excess of some sorts of capital with lower
interest
rates. If you don't anticipate living more than 10 years or so it may not
be worth
worrying about except in terms of how much one can leave to the
rellies/worthy
causes.

cheers,
hugh
----------
> From: Peter McPherson <petermcp@zfree.co.nz>
> To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
> Subject: [sharechat] INTEREST RATES
> Date: Monday, 26 June 2000 9:06
>

> AS THESE IMPACT UPON THE MARKET I WOULD APPRECIATE SOME FEEDBACK.
> THIS IS BOUGHT ABOUT BY HAVING TO REPLACE A MORTGAGE (PUNITIVE COSTS OF
CHANGING
> LENDER PROHIITIVE)
> ON OFFER @ FIXED RATES
> 1 YEAR 8.5%
> 2 YEAR 8.8
> 3 YEAR 8.9
> FEELING IS TAKE THE ONE YEAR RATE AND MAYBE BITE THE BULLET AT THE END OF
THIS.