Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2000

[sharechat] Comments made in sharechat 7th June 2000

From: "John White" <john.w@dfmainland.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 09:40:51 +1200

Chris, it has been brought to my attention that you have placed an article
in a chatroom forum called Sharechat.
It reads..." Don't put too much faith into dfmtrade recommendations. If you
look back over the last few issues, you'll see they have a hat full of names
of tech shares, and they pick one out a random for each issue."
You go on to say, inter alia, "they are ridiculously agressive in their
recommendations on tech shares, even dubious ones"
Once again this is untrue and unfair.
We welcome well founded opinions, constructive criticism and encourage free
speech, but we take a very dim view of untrue, unreasonable and unfair
comments.
Your comments are untrue, unfair and unreasonable.They are not supported by
facts and are in our opinion defamatory.
Dfmtrade.com carefully selects stocks for the idea of the week column and
they are not selected at random.
We have a research department, staffed by highly qualified and skilled
research analysts, who are also highly regarded in the securities
industry.We take a very dim view of your comments that we are ridiculously
aggressive in our research recommendations on tech shares, even dubious
ones.
We await your response, together with that of the chartroom, (sharechat) in
which you made these unfortunate comments.

Yours faithfully
John White
CEO
DF Mainland Securities Ltd