Re: [sharechat] Capital Properties

From: Phil Eriksen <phil@acepay.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 11:23:49 +1200

Geoff Ewert wrote:

> Yes warn us who

>      Another thing is that this broker did not tell me that these
>      shares were in the form of an instalment receipt with a
>      further 57c due even when I ordered 9000 at 62c.  Man I was
>      VERY green at the time.  I only found out further payment
>      was due a couple of months later.  Well I have since learned
>      a lot in a hurry.  Can I name people in this forum?  Perhaps
>      Ben can advise.  michael

Geoff, do we really need a witch hunt on Sharechat?  If you are not
happy with the advice you are getting, switch brokers.  If you are
unable to identify a bad broker, put your money into managed funds and
avoid having to.  If you doubt the advice of all brokers, use an
internet service.

Whether or not this particular broker is "good" or "bad" isn't the
point.  The point is that if you post some guys name as a "bad broker"
on the internet, that email is sent to all of us.  Some of us may save
the message.  Some may print it.  Some may give it to others.  Without
any proof, without any scrutiny, based entirely on the experience of one
person, somebodys name can be circulated to a large audience of people.

If people want to make public the names of their brokers because of a
bad experience, well, Ben and Will may as well not be here - hire the
team from TV3's Target to run the forum instead.

Cheers,
Phil