RE: [sharechat] Understanding Big Charts

From: "Ian Rawnsley" <ianr@ie3.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 08:24:50 +1200

Title:

Oliver et al,

Further to my previous message, the following is extracted from a message this morning on another list:

"John Bollinger spoke at the Signal-Equis seminar, in Newport Beach, yesterday. Here is what he had to say about his Bollinger trading band trading system...

John Bollinger uses 20 period bands on his daily (end of day) charts.
When the price bars are touching the lower bands, he calls it a buy alert. For the actual buy signal, he uses confirmation (non
confirmation) from the Money Flow indicator.
Of course, the example that he showed us worked perfectly. Still, the system deserves serious consideration.
When the daily price bars are touching the upper band, Bollinger's system calls a sell alert, and only goes to a full sell signal when the
the money flow confirms (is looking weak)."

Ian Rawnsley

ps STANZ (Society of Technical Analysts of NZ) meeting tonight 7:30pm at Epsom Campus.

Technical presentation on Hallenstein Glasson, demonstration of AIQ and book review by Phyllis Taylor (who subscribes to this list) on "Trader Vic - Methods of a Wall Street Trader" and an update to the Indices.