Re: [sharechat] ITC - Virtual Spectator targets motor sports, golf...

From: "nick" <acummin@es.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 10:53:52 +1200

     A poster yesterday hit the nail on the head when he pointed out
the competition that virtual spectator faced.  Im sure the programmers are
very able and will produce a nice piece of software, however its very naive
to think that the big boys are not capable of equalling or bettering any
product virtual spectator will come up with.
        Also motor racing and the like are payed many millions in
sponsorship and
endorsments by  biggest companies in the world. Virtual spectator would
have no show against the competition.
      What are the chances of motor racing on the internet taking off
anyway?
  whats wrong with the tv?
     Its not entirely bleak for virtual spectator however, lets look at the
best
case scenario , and probably the only one which will give big returns for
shareholders.
         Virtual spectator produces software which is better than any of its
rivals,
the sports concerned like what they see and decide there is a future in it.
  As a defensive move one of their big rivals decides to buy the technology
from them (even buy the company) For much more than its really worth, giving
shareholders a big windfall.
       In my view the chances of this happening are very slight, the
competittion
out there is extremly fierce and the chances of vs coming out on top are
very slight.
   \
        nick