Re: [sharechat] IT Investment Forum Report - Telemedia

From: "Adam Rands" <adam@iguana.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 12:41:49 +1000

TMN were floated at $1.00 by Hartley Poynton in Oct.
It was HPL best float of '99
First day went to $1.90
My mistake was to bail out at $2 and $3.40

But the real question has to be asked as to why TMN did not list on the NZ
market?
Why have they not even bothered to setup a dual listing?
A lot of kiwis hold this stock.

I have only heard good words about Chris Johns and one has to wonder has NZ
lost another talented Kiwi to Australia/Rest of the world.

On another matter....I was reading a magazine liftout from the Sydney
Morning Herald a few days ago.. The lead story was "30 people, under 30 who
are making a name for themselves in the IT/Tech area"

I was thinking how a similar article in NZ would struggle to even find 10
people (of the same caliber). Sure, these people may exist but the are
certainly not locally based or under 30.

My List

Bruce Simpson, Aardvark fame  - certainly not under 30 but important
contributor to industry
Ihug Boys - The Internet Group - not sure of their age but suspect over 30
Shane Cole  - Paradise Net - sold out for 30mil to Saturn.. thats a good
thing
ummm......

Maybe i am being to harsh or am to disconnected to know better....however
what is clear if NZ is going to move away from being a primary producer,
encourage companies like TMN to stay NZ based and benefit from "tech" then
the government really has to get behind the KBE... Tax breaks, incentives
etc etc.. Cant see our labour govt having that foresight...

comments?
flames?