[sharechat] The Rise and Rise of FFS

From: "James S." <jsmalley@globe.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 14:18:21 +1200

Anyone noticed the surge in demand on the exhange market for the NZ dollar recently?.  From what I can gather from Newspaper reports there was a large buyer which temporarily made the NZ shoot up one cent against the greenback.  Now I get this feeling of Deja Vu with the Fletcher Paper deal in that the week before that was announced there was also a major mystery buyer of the NZ dollar which turned out to be the Norwegians buying NZ dollars for the purchase of paper.

This leads me to guess that the major buyer may in fact be needing those kiwi roubles (as Ril so eloquently describes them) to fund the purchase of forests.  Perhaps the major institutional buying recently is these institutions reading the signs and trying to get in to make a substantial gain like with FFP.

Anyway just a thought, wondering if 1+1 does in fact = 2, but it seems to rarely happen on the NZ stockmarket

Regards

J.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] The Rise & Rise of FFS simon dallimore