Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

Re: [sharechat] A new public company for Eric Watson!! & AQL

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 20:03:21 +1200

some old chestnuts never die.....is a 'new company' an old cashed up shell?
why would Eric want to dilute his stake and profit via all the other
holders in Aquaria
when he can list say Cullen with just himself and favoured friends and
relatives?
I'm not anti Aquaria its just that normal logic seems to fly out the window
when
people say the A word with disastrous results.....and I thought the latest
theory was he wanted an ASX listing anyway...

cheers,
hugh

----------
> From: Mark.Conrathe@ntl.com
> To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
> Subject: [sharechat] A new public company for  Eric Watson!! & AQL
> Date: Saturday, 22 April 2000 9:18
>
> Just had a thought! If our friend Mr Watson is looking to form a new
public
> company, maybe a backdoor listing through our presantly out of favour...
> soon to be cashed up shell AQL. Just a thought!!
>
> E-trade wizard eyes next step
> 19.04.2000 - By ROB O'NEILL
> Entrepreneur Eric Watson is understood to be planning a new public
company
> to combine his local investment interests, now inaccessible to private
> investors.
> This indicates Mr Watson will soon embark on a new round of acquisitions
> after the recent stock market upheaval.
> Market sources suggest he will pursue older "bricks and mortar" companies
> and update them to e-commerce technology.
> Investors wishing to follow Mr Watson's activities now have to mimic his
> investments through individual listed companies such as Strathmore Group
and
> Advantage Group.
> A new listed company would let them get closer to the wider range of
> investments and deals in which he is involved, often through his private
> holding company Cullen Investments.
> Mr Watson would not detail his plans for Cullen Investments yesterday.
> But he was "quite happy" about the sharemarket slump, saying it created
new
> opportunities.
> "We're a long-term investor and we are quite happy about it," he said.
> "We're not looking to sell anything. We're looking to acquire further.
> "It makes it clear to us that to be successful in e-commerce and in
> technology markets, you need to work e-commerce companies and bricks and
> mortar companies together."
> The move to consolidate his local interests is separate from similar
moves
> to amalgamate the e-commerce interests of Mr Watson, Advantage Group
> chairman Evan Christian and director Nick Gordon into Qixel Capital
Group,
> formerly ePac.
> That company now owns just under half of Advantage Group after its merger
> with Mr Christian's Wiltshire Technology Holdings was completed on March
24.

> Late last year, ePac was considering a Nasdaq move, but Mr Watson said
> yesterday that was a "longer term plan."
> "The first part of the plan is a first-round capital raising," he said.
The
> state of the market was unlikely to affect that.
> Qixel Capital's plans appear very similar to those of eVentures, which
> launched its $30 million public offering yesterday.
> Qixel plans to operate as a business-to-business accelerator. The
company's
> web site says it will join US e-commerce companies to launch their
> businesses in this part of the world.
> eVentures will import and launch e-businesses from its part-owner,
Softbank.

> On Monday, Qixel announced it had established its head office in
California
> and appointed American Robert Stern as executive vice-president and chief
> financial officer.

> http://www.sharechat.co.nz/          New Zealand's home for market
investors
> To remove yourself from this list, please us the form at
> http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Oliver: Better believe it re FFS! hugh webber