Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

RE: [sharechat] Re: EStar Online

From: Sarah Corkill <Sarah.Corkill@directbroking.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:09:06 +1200

Hi Nick,

That was the line I was given by our internet desk but the offical line from
the organising broker is that there "was demand.  That because there was an
underwriter the shares would have been taken up regardless.  That the NASDAQ
was 28-30% higher when the offer was originally announcement and that the
recent fall may have effected investor confidence.  The company would like
to be around for a long time so they considered it prudent to remove the
offer and re-visit it at a later date.  In the meantime they will continue
to trade on the unlisted board."

If they are wanting to be in the market for a long time, why would short
term fluctuations in the NASDAQ effect their listing?

Regards,

Sarah Corkill
Direct Broking