Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

[sharechat] EStar Online

From: "Bud Fox" <bud_foxx@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 23:02:16 GMT

Some thoughts on the upcoming float of EStar Online.

EStar has a real business, and has been in business for well over a year
now.  Yes you can buy CD's online, CDStar are as cheap if not cheaper, the
delivery is much faster (I have tried a number of them and CD Star is the
beat by a clear margin), the customer service is better and more ecommerce
friendly.  Remember ecommerce is not just about writing some HTML and
getting a cool web address it is also about getting all the bits of the B2C
supply chain in place in the right order and these guys seem to have that
one under control.

The site has exclusive deals with Xtra and Big Pond the two biggest Internet
portals in this part of the world.  Also the depth of management, board
representation, and skill base is as good as any.  These guys are already
out there doing it, in multiple countries, on multiple sites, the same can
not be said of BDO.  Likewise they have supply agreements with all the major
music companies in all the countries they deal in(unlike BDO and the beauty
industry).

I like the company, I intend to buy some although I have rung two brokers so
far and been told that firm allocations to brokers were scaled back big
time, looks to me like a winner.

Bud