Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2000

Re: [sharechat] AIRVB

From: "Oliver Shapleski" <oliver.shapleski@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:36:35 +1200

I'm certainly following Richard's thoughts on any potential sale.  I would
have thought the sale of our national carrier will simply create too many
problems with existing relationships, even before the buyer and seller start
trying to deal with the Commerce Commission (which will surely mount some
seriously high hurdles?) .  I'm surprised Qantas are spending money looking
at AIRVB - not only will they have to contend with the CC (which may have
more teeth by the time BRY get serious about selling), but they've got their
own Trade Practices Act to get past as well!  Haven't heard too much
negative press on AIR from everyone on Sharechat lately, but imho it ain't
gonna be the BRY saviour, and I can't see any buyer paying much in the way
of a premium (if a deal ever actually gets sanctioned).  Why don't people
think the CC will be much of a problem?

(Don't hold AIRVA/B)