Re: [sharechat] Those US Internet stocks!

From: Derek Watt <dkw@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 19:06:26 +1300

According to the Dominion (and McEwens), some investors in the US consider
that because the IT stocks are growing so rapidly, any increase in interest
rates
makes little difference to their valuation.

Given the actual earnings of companies like Amazon.com, this seems quite
bizarre. Once people start to change reality to suit themselves its a sign
that we're in the final phase before a major change in sentiment.

AQl (or Wang, or whatever it is) better cash in quick as after that change
there won't be the hype necessary for a spectacular backdoor listing of any
IT company into any market.

Derek Watt

At 09:24 AM 2/24/00 +1300, you wrote:
>Looking at TheStreet.com Internet Index it is up a massive 7.49% at the
>moment, the Nasdaq up 3.86% with the Dow limping behind, up 0.26%.
>
>Looks like there's still some life yet in the tech sector!
>
>Benjamin Dutton

>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/          New Zealand's home for market investors
>To remove yourself from this list, please us the form at
>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Derek Watt
http://members.tripod.com/DKWatt/

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.