[sharechat] Introducing ShareChat Board Talk

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:55:58 +1300

Introducing ShareChat Board Talk

For the benefit of forum subscribers, every couple of days I'll be writing a
summary of postings on the message boards.  This way it's easy to keep in
touch with the discussion happening on the message boards, as well as the
ShareChat forum.

Remember, if you want to contribute to the message boards, it's as easy as
going to

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/cgi-bin/msgboards/forum_show.pl

registering, and you can post away!

As always, your comments on this new feature are appreciated.  Please send
them to

bendutton@sharechat.co.nz

Thanks, and enjoy the board talk!

Best Regards,

Benjamin Dutton

**ShareChat Board Talk for 22/02/2000**

Companies mentioned in this issue:

AQL
RNS
LKO
GPG
ATP

*
LowKey kicked off the discussion on AQL with a post noting that: "every
trader in the nation must be holding at least 50000 of these suckers"
following all the rumours that have surrounded the company.  Greyghost
replied by predicting that "Major shareholder Eric Watson will use AQL to
list his new e-com bank"; whether of course this holds true or not only time
will tell.  Slider chimed in and said that "There are still many people out
there who haven't jumped on the AQL bandwagon" - slider said it was "in for
the e-commerce upside".

Hugh Webber then said that he "wouldn't touch them with a barge pole until
they had a convincing prospectus (that won't happen as its a backing in
case) or some decent tangible profit making cash flow positive business with
a competitive advantage and recognised good management".  Hugh had to say
though that "it's the best rumour mill in town".

RNS received a brief mention when Graham Watt said that he thought RNS was
"a good buy at 58".  Slider replied by mentioning that "Parallel importing
and direct selling on the Internet will surely bite into RNS's revenue" and
Brendan Jones chimed in saying "I know of one reasonably big deal they
missed out on because of it".  What happens to the fortunes of RNS remain to
be seen.
*
LKO was recommended by Derek on the Investors Board, who said that "LKO is
my favourite share and also very popular in Australia" but that he didn't
"want to speculate, such it's happening with AQL" on the prospects of the
company.

Philip Robinson asked the question "Do you see GPG as more secure because
Sir Ron is in more control?" fearing that "if this is an Brierley job, it
could turn the corner and go down without warning, like BIL".  Gram though
said "I think GPG is good value" and was regretting that he didn't top up
his holdings at 135.  "I'm still hoping they pull a surprise out of the bag
but if they don't I think the intention is a return of cash back to the
shareholders" he said.
*
On the United States Board, slider had this to say even after Friday's
performance on Wall Street; "sorry doomsayers, I think a crash is unlikely
any time soon so here's my prediction - we'll see a recovery as investors
and traders pick up cheap stocks on Tuesday morning. Any other calls?"  Hugh
Webber replied "As long as the Fed is still talking tightening I think the
slow stop start downward correction will continue".
*
On the Australian Shares Board, Out to Lunch recommended checking out Atlas
Pacific Ltd, with whiteyg noting that ATP "makes a change from e-commerce,
diamonds, nickel, gold etc".

Bulletin End

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] ITA Nick Kearney