Re: [sharechat] Re: Savoy vs. ACC

From: "Jane Hunter" <jhhunter@ts.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 08:39:15 -0800

Bret

I hate to be the dog in the manger but as a litigation lawyer I wouldn't
hold my breath for any settlement at this stage.  In fact I sold my Savoy.

Any litigation will be against an insurance company even though ACC will be
named as the defendent.  The favourite tactic of insurers is to stall, stall
and stall.  The second line of defence is to tie the plaintiff up in all
sorts of expensive and time consuming steps.  Essentially they hope to wear
the plaintiff down and run them out of money.

Settlement  offers come late in the proceeding.

The other thought to bear in mind is that dead cert cases get settled before
proceedings are filed.  You only end up filing if there is something to
argue over. That means litigation risk.

Just a thought or two

Regards

Jane