[sharechat] The US ticker quote for Telecom is NZT

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 20:47:46 +1300

and by my calculations it finished at $NZ9.17 on Friday night.
Not bad at holding value in a US mini crash.
So Osbert, it ain't TEL its NZT and its rather painful finding the
right code - only a search on ZEAL got me there.
But as Osbert says divide the quote by 8 (8 TCM's = 1 NZT ADR)
and then divide by .4914 - the quote in Saturday's Press for the NZ $
in US currency.

Anyway, good luck with your competition guys, I hope the week's
market is up.
You know my position: what counts is the fundamentals and their
changes. The short term price itself is irrelevant and merely an
obscuring veil over real value. It goes down, so what, buy some more.
It goes up - is there a better bargain? have I made a decent profit?
Have I held long enough to get the real value increase I was looking
for? Does the price matter at all if I'm one of the 20% who invest for tax
free dividends?

cheers,
Hugh

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.