Re: [sharechat] Re: Savoy vs. ACC

From: "Osbert Sun" <osbert.sun@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 14:28:27 +1300

Bret,

Can you elaborate on the Star Times article with regard to the Savoy's legal action against the Auckland City Council for the aborted Britomart project? In the Chairman's address to AGM, it was indicated that Savoy is going to take the Auckalnd City Council to court for the damage relating to the termination of the Britomart project. I read from somewhere the amount sought was $100 million. Seems a rather ambitious legal case against ACC. I would guess that an out-of-court settlement with a much smaller damage compensation to Savoy from ACC could be a likely outcome. With regard to the talk on the Ericsson, I would think that Savoy may use the Safety Net as a medium for the linkage which sees that the Safety Net takes on some contract projects for the Ericsson without Savoy having to commit more of its already stretched capital for the further development in the wireless telecommunication. At some stage Savoy will have to bring another party (or parties) into the play if it is serious about its investment in the "E-commerce domain".

Regards,

Osbert