Re: [sharechat] TWR

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:32:17 +1300

I hope you're right Derek for the sake of TWR shareholders although I
need some convincing that in moving out of NZ into the Australian and world
scene
TWR will be able to eat up its competitors without sacrificing
profitability.
However it was the China mention that drew my attention and I think NZ
shareholders
would find it hard not be cynical with all the history of Lion, Milburn,
Fernz/Nufarm, Richina
and countless other companies coming gutsers in China and having to very
painfully
extricate themselves.
The old China argument that it will be easy to sell 1 bottle of beer a day
to every Chinese
or 1 green lipped mussel etc always gets taken up by some new dewy eyed
exponent only
to suffer a horrible death when they don't.
Nevertheless 25% a year compound (is that profits per share?) is worth
thinking about...
regards,
Hugh

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.