Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

[sharechat] happy days?

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 20:19:44 +1300

I've just read the article in sharechat about the ASX and ASIC both
threatening to crack down on speculative Internet and Mining shares, about
'80' to wit.
I also note a comment in the business part of the Press today by a broker
commenting on the NZ market that 'momentum trading is going on and that
investors need to be careful'. He explains this by saying that some
investors are buying shares that are going up in the belief that they will
continue to go up because they're going up now. Seems rather scatty to me
and guaranteed to come to a sticky end.

Incidentally I note a number of our sharechat forum are Chch people....why
not arrange a dinner sometime to have a good chinwag and enjoy ourselves?
(I'm not prejudiced against Auck & Wgtn people who would come - I have
lived in both Auck and Wgtn for periods of time ;-).

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: RE: Re: [sharechat] McEwen's Investment Report Brien