Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

[sharechat] Nufarm

From: "vincent.wang" <vincent.wang@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:25:53 +1300

Apart from those reasons mentioned by some of you, I think the following two reasons also would have negative impacts on Nufarm's profitability:

1) the worldwide hike of interest rate.  Nufarm has a weak balance sheet, its debt ratio is as high as 66%.

2) the weakening of Euro dollar.  A large portion of Nufarm's income is derived from Europe.  If the N.Z. dollar appreciate  to 60-61 cents(against Greenback) by the end of this year as some economists predicted, then Nufarm would incur some exchange loss.

RGDS,
Vincent Wang

Disclosure: holder of Nufarm shares