Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

Re: [sharechat] IPO - Henley Communications Ltd.

From: Richard McGrath <richmac@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 12:57:30 +1300

Hi

Cant resist answering this one so here goes

Henley supply closing prices for 20 or so of the worlds leading exchanges.
This provides an income for them. Costs the client $25 - $50 a month depending
on exchanges required.
They provide free software 'Henley Investor' and 'Henley Chart' to analyze the
data with.
You can do very rudimentary or very sophisticated analysis, whatever suits your
style of investing.

The software is aimed at giving the small investor or trader (you and I)
sophisticated analysis tools at an affordable price.
The number of on line investors worldwide is increasing at a great rate and most
of them are looking for software like this.
There appears to be a worldwide opportunity for Henley.
Giving the small investors data services and analysis tools they need at a price
they are willing to pay.

The services provided are quite separate and distinct from the services of a
broker.
I get whatever closing prices interest me from Henley, do my data analysis with
their software, and do any trades required through a discount broker.

I am delighted with the service recieved so far and have been quick to take some
shares in the company.
They are one of my two picks for shares to do best this year.
The other is IndraNet.

Cheers

Richard