Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2000

Re: [sharechat] air nz

From: Les Mortimer <mortimer@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 18:49:49 +1300

Stephen, competition is the problem or I should say the fear of major
competition from Virgin and Singapore airlines.
I have just had a look a airva chart and it appears to  have downside
resistance at $2 however if uncertainty continues and it breaks below $2
it could carry on down to $1.20. The chart looks very sick so consider
cutting your losses and reinvest in the positive movers.
BRY is trending the same way as AIRVA and could hit its low of 30c in
1998.
Vigin and Singapore airlines may have an ulterior motive ie float the
idea of setting up a new air line to weaken AIRNZ and BRY share price
then endevour to strike a deal for Ansett Australia. If they are it is
working very well.

Regsards Les.